ABOUT CHICAGO HEaT
The Chicago Hospitality, Entertainment and Tourism (Chicago HEaT) website is an interactive tool which links law enforcement to the Chicago Hospitality Entertainment and Tourism industry security personnel partners to communicate about crime and public safety issues occurring in the State of Illinois, Northern Indiana and South-East Wisconsin.
The Chicago HEaT website was founded by a core group of Chicago Hospitality, Entertainment and Tourism industry security personnel with the assistance of the Chicago Police Department (CPD).
Chicago HEat is a public/private business sector partnership for the State of Illinois, Northern Indiana and South-Eastern Wisconsin security investigators, law enforcement personnel and prosecutors.
By uniting the Chicago Hospitality, Entertainment and Visitor Industry and law enforcement in a plan to reduce crime, communities will become a safer place to live, work and shop. Corporate partnerships are more important than ever and far greater resources are needed to address the magnitude of the threats we now face.
Chicago HEaT members share information on this on-line website and share cross jurisdictional cases, i.e. crime elements, suspect descriptions, resource deployment by law enforcement, and hospitality, entertainment and tourism industry related criminal incidents at monthly meetings.
The website was designed by law enforcement and hospitality, entertainment and tourism industry security investigators to identify those criminals that direct their crime against hotels, sporting venues, museums, public places and tourists, visitors and our local citizens. Through this partnership, law enforcement and hospitality, entertainment and tourism security investigators share investigatory information to identify those criminals and ultimately lead to successful apprehension and prosecution.
Members are required to actively share high level Chicago HEaT intelligence investigations and required to update this website regularly.
Chicago HEaT provides a benefit of traditional hospitality, entertainment and tourism competitors to collaborate with law enforcement agencies to resolve criminal investigations.
Through the use of integrated technology and enhanced communication systems, the Chicago HEaT program is engineered to maximize safety and minimize crime in our community.
Goals of Chicago HEaT website
- To reduce crime, threats and improve community safety in Illinois, Northwest Indiana and South-Eastern Wisconsin.
- Attract new visitors to Chicago, Northern Illinois, Northwest Indiana and South-Eastern Wisconsin with a safer environment.
- Strengthen the community with a prosperous local economy.
- Effectively utilize law enforcement resources within the safe zone and reduce response times.
- Through a crime fighting partnership we will stop or disrupt criminal activity.
- Gather high level crime intelligence to have a better understanding to deal with hotel and visitor industry related crime.
- Educate the community, hotel and visitor industry personnel, law enforcement, and prosecutors on the problems associated with crime affecting our Hospitality, Entertainment and Tourism Industry.
The new name of Chicago HEaT was designed to staying connected to the original creation of Chicago’s only Hospitality Security Association, however increasing our information sharing and knowledge base by including like-minded security professionals from the Entertainment and Tourism Industries. Our overall mission is to share communications, alerts, training, and bulletins that affect the Hospitality, Entertainment, and Tourism Industry with the assistance of our partners in Law Enforcement, reducing the impact of incidents on our industry. This has been the group’s mission for over 20 years and we have a proven track record.
Members meet monthly and you are invited to attend next month’s meeting.
Chicago HEaT Region